Our lay days between competitions basically consist of lots of free surfing and lots of food. On one of our lay days here in Newcastle, Matt (Zoe’s Boyfriend) whipped up this chocolate mousse for us and we were seriously impressed at the simplicity and deliciousness of this dairy-free recipe.
Our cooking skills are minimal. I can make pasta and Zoe can make avocado on toast. By no means are we foodies or health food experts, but this recipe was so simple it made us feel like dessert connoisseurs. It’s that easy.
Let’s get right into it!
This recipe served the three of us and we had some left over, so we recommend using only one can if you’re planning on serving one or two people.
- Coconut Cream: 2 Cans
- Cacao Powder: 3-4 tablespoons
- Honey (or agave nectar if you want to make this vegan): 2 tablespoons, to taste
- Vanilla essence: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chia Seeds (optional)
- Refrigerate the can of Coconut Cream for 24 hours. This solidifies the cream so make sure you give it enough time to do so.
- Scoop out the hardened coconut cream into a bowl. There will be some liquid left over, so just leave it in the can.
- Next, add in the honey, cacao, vanilla essence, and chia seeds.
- Beat together until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and creamy
- If the cream has melted a bit, just stick it back into the fridge until it’s reached a thicker consistency.
- Garnish with your favorite fresh fruits and enjoy!